[TowerTalk] insulated guys

To: Towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] insulated guys
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:34:50 -0500
K1UO:

 >All sets start with 2 insulators close to the tower and then 71ft to the
next one.   Do you think these will be ok to use "as is" or should I change
insulator spacings for use on 160M?

         I would put it up as is Larry.  I have
a 180' shunt-fed tower by itself on 160 and
used the same 3/16" guys and insulators I
had when I had other antennas on a previous
version (150') of it in Colorado.  71' is
~1/8 wavelength on 160 so I doubt it would
"see" the guy wires at all on 160.

         One thing you might want to watch
for is broken insulators.  And make sure
the square end of the 502's is down.  If
the guys are from a professional installation,
they are probably OK but you never know.

                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV