Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn Self Support Chart Says.......

To: towertalk@contesting.com, K4IDC@Comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn Self Support Chart Says.......
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 21:02:24 EDT

In a message dated 5/12/2006 4:10:01 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  Hmm...that's interesting, thanks for the file.
Given that  Steve has maintained that 25G isn't self-supporting at any
height  literally dozens of times on this reflector, I wonder if that
document  from 1987 has been superceded.

    Umm, really? Doesn't sound  familiar.

    My reference is a little Rohn pamphlet called  "Manufacturer's Technical
Information for Bracketed or Self Supporting Towers  - 25G, 45G, 55G & SSV".
Forty-feet of free standing 25G can take 1.5  square feet @ 70 MPH - your basic
TV antenna. At 30-feet it'll take 1.7 square  feet @ 90 MPH. Surprisingly
capable.

    I've had this pamphlet for years and don't know  if it's available on the
website.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -