Re: [TowerTalk] W7IX--More Info

To: "'Bill Coleman'" <aa4lr@arrl.net>,"'Keith Dutson'" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] W7IX--More Info
From: "W0MU Mike Fatchett" <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 19:41:21 -0600
I had a crane come in for a $180 for an hours work to put my 70ft AN
Wireless tower in place.  Best Money I have spent in the project!

It is amazing what a small amount of wind can do on big or even not so big
antennas.  I have been on a Rohn 55 tower at 130 ft using a crane to put up
a big Telrex 40 and there are still plenty of things that can go wrong.

A real shame that this accident happened.

Hopefully some lessons will be learned that will save some lives down the
road.

Mike W0MU