[TowerTalk] climbing AN-Wireless/Trylon type toweres (question)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] climbing AN-Wireless/Trylon type toweres (question)
From: fred muehlen/N5WLA <n5wla@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 14:53:48 -0700 (PDT)
JC -
I've put up a couple of the Trylon towers this way.  They're very comfortable
to climb at the lower levels, but get a bit uncomfortable toward the top as the
angle of the braces gets more severe.  I found it easiest to climb up one
corner, stepping on the braces angling up and away from me.

I disassembled the larger sections in 3rds, leaving the braces attached to a
corner piece.  This was a manageable size and weight to work with and didn't
require a gin pole; I just pulled them up with a rope.  I was able to work from
inside the tower while assembing the larger sections.  I did use a gin pole
toward the top, where the sections are lighter.

Good luck and enjoy your new tower.

73,
Fred Muehlen/N5WLA

http://mail.yahoo.com