Re: [TowerTalk] re Radials

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] re Radials
From: "Peter Voelpel" <df3kv@t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 17:21:59 +0200
Hi Bill,

My dipoles on all three low bands are at 100 feet.
The only band where dx is great with the dipole is 40m.
On 80m the dipole usually is same strength as the vertical to the US East
cost, to the Midwest the vertical is 10db stronger, W6 and W7 I did never
work with the dipole except over the long path.
DX on 160m with the dipole is limited to the East cost and Africa as I have
no linear on 160m.
I would prefer 1/2 wavelength or higher dipoles on 160 and 80m to make use
of their additional ground gain but height is limited here.
With some luck I will have a rotating full size dipole on 80m next year at
37m, that might be fun.

DX signals on the low bands come in on low angles here, very rarely on high
angles

73
Peter, DF3KV