Re: [TowerTalk] Omnidirectional AntennaInstallations (Specifically) and

To: "Roger D Johnson" <n1rj@adelphia.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Omnidirectional AntennaInstallations (Specifically) and Lightning
From: <ersmar@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 14:02:53 -0400
Roger:

     Those folded dipole are INTENDED to be used in front of a reflecting
steel support pole, etc.  They provide a directional pattern using this
reflective material as a passive part of the radiator.  I had suggested that
Ben consult with  CC's engineers for additional advice; I'm sure they have a
solution for this type of distributed mounting in their idea Rolodex. [tm
for you purists out there.]

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F