Re: [TowerTalk] CATV & Phone grounds

To: "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] CATV & Phone grounds
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:29:33 -0500
Rather than thinking of lightning as an electrical current flowing from
ground to cloud or vice versa, I find it more interesting to think about
what it is composed of: plasma.  The free electrons and ions created by the
plasma must be neutralized by some method.  This is where current flow is
involved.  Pick a path and connect via some conductor (tower, copper wire,
tel wire, power line, water pipe, etc) to facilitate the neutralization.  It
is fairly easy to assume current will travel only one way on the conductor.

73, Keith NM5G