[TowerTalk] Need Advice on Long Wire Antenna Materials

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need Advice on Long Wire Antenna Materials
From: Edward Sylvester <navydude1962@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 21:23:29 -0700 (PDT)
Though not directly pertinent to towers, I thought this would be a good group
to poll for wire advice.  My friend and I are trying to optimally utilize some
very tall cedar pines on his 5 acre property.

  We've decided that a Long Wire is best, for now.....The spance between the
two support trees is ~1000 feet.  What kind of wire would you use for this
application, keeping in mind the continuous swaying of the trees, the distance,
the elements, etc?

  We only wanna have to do this once, so all solemn advice will be taken
seriously!

  Thanks and 73,
  Ed NI6S