[TowerTalk] MOV surge protection

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] MOV surge protection
From: Jim Jarvis <jimjarvis@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 17:46:33 -0500
It would seem to be a reasonable product differentiation
strategy for Square D or someone to produce a distribution
panel with replaceable surge protectors built in.

I'm about to replace the 150A service in this old house, and
would spend a few hundred more to have that capability.

Not exactly tower related....just an extended ground system
comment...so let's not prolong it.

Previous comments about MOV failures was well done, by the way...
foots completely with the IEEE std. testing on MOV's I did, some
20 years ago.

n2ea