Re: [TowerTalk] Tram rope

To: wc1m@msn.com, ad4hk2004@yahoo.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tram rope
From: "BRENT BAUM" <brentbaum5323@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 18:11:31 -0700
Dick,
Remember that nylon rope fatigues under stress, that's why climbers replace
their ropes after a hard fall. I'm not sure how much stress (dynamic load)
the first haul placed on your rope, but your breaking strength is probably
somewhere below the 4,500 pounds listed and working strength also reduced.
We also figure that a knot will reduce the breaking strength of a new rope
by 30 to 50 percent due to the stress of making all those bends.

Good luck,
K7MEI, Brent