Re: [TowerTalk] HTFA and Reality

To: "'Pete Smith'" <n4zr@contesting.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HTFA and Reality
From: "Kjeld Holm" <kh@kh-translation.dk>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:26:04 +0100
Dear Pete (and others)

Thanks for your quick and informative answers.

I think I must go for a single Force 12 C3SS as high as possible. I cannot
go for a bigger antenna as the perimeter of the rotating antenna (turning
radius) will go too near my neighbours at a hight 26 feet. Going from C3SS
to a longer boom (C31XR) will raise turning radius from 13.6, to 23.8 feet
lowering allowable height to 13 feet. Modelling the bigger antenna at 13
feet shows inferior performance.

Vy 73
OZ1CCM Kjeld