[TowerTalk] dx engineering 20DX5 monobander questions

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] dx engineering 20DX5 monobander questions
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 17:48:31 -0500
I've have owned a number of DX Engineering antennas and I had good results
with most of them.  The 20m models are built fairly rugged, using a 3 inch
diameter boom and elements starting at 1 inch diameter, all made using 6061
aluminum.  They are a simple design with insulated elements using a single
driven element with a hair pin match.  The 20DX-5 has a 44 ft boom, 13 sq.
ft windload and weighs 141 pounds.  I found the SWR to be a little high
(2:1) on their some of their antennas, however if you are willing to give up
a few dB's F/B ratio you can make minor changes to the first director and
driven element and have a nicer SWR curve.   Are you having a problem with
your antenna?

73,
John KK9A