Re: [TowerTalk] Toploading a Butternut HF6V

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Toploading a Butternut HF6V
From: "Cecil Moore" <w5dxp@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 19:28:32 -0600
Can I add some toploading wires?

Here's what I did one time and it worked like a charm. I ran a wire down the inside of the aluminum tubing. The two ends of the wire were attached to a dacron cord run through a pulley up in a tree. When the wire was inside the vertical aluminum tubing, there was no top hat. When the wire was outside the vertical aluminum tubing, there was a top hat. Resonance at any frequency on the 80m band could be had by adjusting the length of the top hat wire that was outside the aluminum tubing. I tied knots in the cord every 100 kHz. Hope you get the idea. -- 73, Cecil, w5dxp.com

Find a local pizza place, movie theater, and more?.then map the best route! http://maps.live.com/?icid=hmtag1&FORM=MGAC01