[TowerTalk] low TOA on 160 verticals

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] low TOA on 160 verticals
From: Jim Jarvis <jimjarvis@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 16:49:38 -0400
At the W2GD 160m contest site, the former WCC coastal marine site,
in West Creek, NJ... we had an inverted Ell as the
'mult' station antenna.  It was modelled by a very bright
guy...and we changed to a TEE, which modelled better.

The Tee turned out to be a dummy load....precisely for the
reason kn4lf cites...the angle of radiation was too low.
Reverting to the Ell improved results substantially.

This system used 4 elevated radials, approximately 2m above
a salt water plane.

When we changed to a YCCC style folded, inverted Ell... essentially
a balanced dipole, with a 70' run vertical, and the remaining
portions as two equal horizontal elements...the lower of which was
2m above ground---things REALLY improved, both within the US, and
into EU.

N2EA

Jim Jarvis, President
The Morse Group, LLC
We create high-performance organizations.
732 548 5573 office
443 618 5560 cell
jimjarvis@themorsegroup.net
www.themorsegroup.net