[TowerTalk] Ferrite beads for common mode current

To: towertalk@contesting.com (TowerTalk)
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ferrite beads for common mode current
From: n7ka@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 20:58:37 +0000
Getting ready to install another 6M yagi here and building another for a
friend.  Want to use a choke on the feed line which will be either RG-213
(MIL-C-17 compliant) or on LMR-400UF (super flex).  In all cases I want the
capability for 1500W.  I do not like the idea of additional connectors so my
plan is to but the beads on the line at feedpoint of the cable that goes down
to the hardline just below the top of the tower.  Would Fair-Rite 2643102002 be
the correct choice?  The id at 0.505 inch is large enough to fit over the
RG-213/LMR-400.  Or do I need another mix and how many beads.

Arne N7KA