Re: [TowerTalk] Wanted: KLM Insulator for 2M Yagi 144-148-13LB ortheLike

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wanted: KLM Insulator for 2M Yagi 144-148-13LB ortheLike
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 15:07:32 -0400

> I'm trying resurrect an old KLM Yagi and need one insulator for a
> director element.  These are T-shaped and have a groove to fit along the
> 1-1/2" boom and a 3/8" hole through which the element passes.  I can

You may find the design of these has changed a bit.  The last ones I
purchased had a grove for the element so the element fitted on top in the
same manner as the insulator fits on the boom. Even though they use
insulators mine ground the reflector and directors to the boom with the
mounting screw. Only the 4 driven elements are insulated from the boom on my
14 L KLMs
Sadtip has already given a link to a possible source.

Good Luck,

Roger (K8RI)