Re: [TowerTalk] re how tall is that tower

To: "'Reicher, James'" <JReicher@hrblock.com>,towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] re how tall is that tower
From: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 11:18:53 -0600
Very true.  But there still is remnant to the British system ... the
mile race.

Doug/VA5DX

The metric system is in use in daily public life.  How many of us
provide public service communications for 10K runs?  That "10K" is 10
kilometers, not 10,000 feet or 10,000 yards.  Sporting events, such as
swim meets, track and field, etc, all measure in meters.  I know, I used
to swim competitively back in the 70s in 50 meter pools, even here in
the Midwest.

73 de N8AU, Jim in Raymore, MO

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
01/08/2007 4:53 PM