Re: [TowerTalk] Details on shunt feeding tower for 160?

To: Barry <w2up3@verizon.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Details on shunt feeding tower for 160?
From: Gene Smar <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 10:17:14 -0500 (CDT)
Barry:

     I've been using my shunt-fed 64-foot Trylon on 160M since 2002 and it
works amazingly well for me.  About 5-10 dB better on TX and RX than my
to wit:

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Towertalk/2005-12/msg00636.html

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Towertalk/2006-01/msg00026.html .

     In case these postings don't mention it (I didn't read them all the way
through), I enhanced the top loading of my tower system by shorting the Bencher
Skyhawk's parasitic elements to the boom with 3/4 inch by 5 inch pieces of
aluminum flashing.  I used a stainless steel #10 self-tapping screw through the
flashing and center insulator and a stainless hose clamp, NoAlOx and Scotch 88
tape on the boom.

     Drop me a note if you have other questions.  GL with the Shunt-feed system.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F