[TowerTalk] Extension Ladder on Tower

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Extension Ladder on Tower
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 21:52:35 -0400
Page 24 of the September / October 2007 issue of NCJ shows Andrew, from
KC1XX towers, using an extension ladder to reach an antenna element.  The
ladder is somehow attached to the tower and it leans against the element and
he is able to climb out to repair the beam, which happens to be 185 feet
high.  I recall many years ago seeing slides in Dayton of someone doing
something similar.  This certainly takes pucker factor to a whole new level.
I wonder how common this is and what safety precautions are used with this
method of antenna repair.

John KK9A