Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted L for 160 Meters

To: Tim Duffy K3LR <k3lr@k3lr.com>, 'Chet Moore' <ChetMoore@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted L for 160 Meters
From: Gene Smar <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 11:49:57 -0500 (CDT)
Chet:

     I, too, used a similar three-wire inverted L as my first antenna on
Topband back in 1998.  The vertical wire went up into an oak tree about 45 feet
and bent over to another tree on the far side of the bak yard.  The remaining
two wires were laid on the ground about 90 degrees from each other (property
boundaries made me do it that way.) I worked the ARRL 160M test that winter and
had a blast.

     Since then I've put in about a half mile of scrap wire radials in the
grass around the base of the oak tree.  The Inv L is no longer there (I shunt
feed my tower now) but the radials are available for use with another vertical
or for K9AY's array if I get ambitious some year.

73 de
Gene Smar AD3F