Re: [TowerTalk] Alternative To Rohn Anti-Climb Sections

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Alternative To Rohn Anti-Climb Sections
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 23:49:50 -0400
You sure that was chicken wire? I used to raise those critters in another
life, long , long, ago. Chicken wire is a relatively small gage has just
small enough openings baby chicks can't get through it which makes them
about 1" and very easy to climb, at least for the dertermined.  There is
another wire mesh that is much heavier with about 1/4" openings/grid and
that stuff would be very difficult to climb. IIRC chicken wire comes in 2',
3' heights. The heavier mesh with the 1/4" grid comes up to 6' in height.
However I hasten to add that was over 50 years ago.

BTW we also used the "chicken wire" in the roosts as "any thing dropped"
went right through and could easily be scraped out. OTOH it sure beat
cleaning out the pig pen in the spring.  Ah, the joys of living on a farm.

73

Roger (K8RI)