Re: [TowerTalk] KLM 40M4 Linear Loading Hardware

To: 'DENNIS BRICKEY' <n4dd@embarqmail.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] KLM 40M4 Linear Loading Hardware
From: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 21:17:18 -0600
Dennis,

I wouldn't worry about milling the Al rod ... just find a rod that is a
close fit ... been there, done it.

Doug

Subject: [TowerTalk] KLM 40M4 Linear Loading Hardware

Hey Guys,

I'm rebuilding a couple of KLM 40M4 yagis.? The plastic peanuts that are
inserted into the bolt?mounting ends of the loading tubes have
deteriorated to some degree and some of them have broken in half.? My
question is this.? Is there any reason why I can't mill some aluminum
rod?to use in place of?the plastic?peanuts?

I hope this is not an entirely stupid question.? Thanks in advance for
the guidance!

73,

Dennis N4DD