Re: [TowerTalk] Davis RF Bury-Flex Tm (Response from Steve,DAVIS RF Co.)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>, <k6xyz@sbcglobal.net>,<wesattaway@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Davis RF Bury-Flex Tm (Response from Steve,DAVIS RF Co.)
From: "Steve Davis -Davis RF Co." <sdavis@davisrf.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 00:42:07 -0500
Hi Wes, Dave, et al,

  Well, at first I was hoping I could claim "nolo contendre" in this matter,
based solely on the Subject name "Davis" was misspelled "David", ... HI .
Darn, this finally came back to haunt me after 10+ years of this product,
"Bury-Flex" Tm, in that  "Bury-Flex" is quite different from the Belden
product 9914, but by error it got assigned that part #
a long time ago.  Later, when I realized the potential problem, I succumbed
to my accounting guy who said that our (at the time) rather user UNfriendly
acctg software would belch several ways to Sunday if we changed the part #,
the least of which was the historical accounting comparisons.
  As far as Dave receiving cable with only braid shield, and no print on the
cable,  I suspect that the wrong cable got on that reel, and regardless, I
apologize.  Contact me, or I'll try you Wed., and we'll arrange a pick-up by
UPS (you won't need to be around) and we'll send out the replacement today.

  Yes,  Bury-Flex Tm has a bonded alu shield on top of the foam dielectric
and then the
tinned copper braid over the bonded shield.
   Bury-Flex  has been a very popular product both with hams; commercially
and with the military.  It is not strictly for burial either as it serves
almost all other (similar) transmission line applications, has a high
durometer PE outer jacket which provides a highly abrasion resistant and low
loss for it's OD and cost.  No plasticizers in PE so it does not suffer UV
thus can last 30 + years in most outside ambients.  And the neat thing:
We've found that rodents don't like it...they'd rather find PVC control
cables, coaxes, etc.to chew on....which is why our rotor control cables are
also made with PE.

Lastly: crank up towers: coil this coax at the tower bottom and it works
super when raising/lowering.

  Sorry folks for the confusion !    73,  Steve ,   K1PEK

Tel:  978-369-1738     Fax:  978-369-3484
DAVIS RF Co., Div. of Orion Wire Co.
  Wire/Cable Design Eng'g & Distribution