Re: [TowerTalk] Pole steps

To: "'John Ammeter'" <jammeter@cablespeed.com>, "'Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604'" <faunt@panix.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pole steps
From: "Bill Parry" <bparry@rgv.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 15:10:18 -0500
Doug,

I agree with John.  Go buy you a ladder at Home Depot. I have a 24 foot
ladder I use to work on my trees and it works fine.  I had a 75' telephone
pole a few years ago. I thought that I had gone to heaven to have such an
outstanding antenna tower.  I stepped it and constructed a mount at the top
for my antennas and rotator. I was wrong. They are very hard to climb and
after a while you being to worry if you can depend on the steps.

I would never do that again.

My two cents...

Bill W5VX