[TowerTalk] monobanders for 15 and 20 mts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] monobanders for 15 and 20 mts
From: "Jorge Diez - CX6VM" <cx6vm.jorge@adinet.com.uy>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 15:07:14 -0300
Hello,

I have in mind to substitute my TH7DX for monobanders. I just have one for
10 mts, so I need one´s for 15 and 20 mts.

They need to outperform the TH7DX on both bands. They need to support high
winds, since they will be at 38 mts in a high area.

I am looking for maximum GAIN, not worry about F/B

I search for info on this antennas and found:

15 MTS
Force12 EF515X 30'' boom
Force12 Magnum 615 36'' boom
Hy-Gain 155CA 26'' boom (7.6 dBd)

20 MTS
Force12 EF420 30'' boom
Force12 Magnum 520 36'' boom
Hy-Gain 204BA 26'' boom (6.0 dBd)
Hy-Gain 205BA 34'' boom (6.5 dBd)

Force 12 are expensive than Hy-Gain, so my question is if worth spend $320
more on the Magnum 520 that the 205CA.

Also if the 0.5 dBd more in the 205BA than in the 204BA worth longer boom
and $ 230 more.

Same consideration for Force12 EF515X  and Hy-Gain 155CA

Maybe another brand with good gain and well wind survival.

Thanks for your advices!

73,
Jorge
CX6VM