[TowerTalk] patching up rust on a tower?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] patching up rust on a tower?
From: Gary Slagel <gdslagel@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 06:48:29 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a used Hygain HG70d crankup tower.... about 20 years old
but the cables have been replaced and looks in good shape from the pictures
except for some rust in the areas where the sections come together and rub.
I'm wondering what the best way to protect that rust area is to insure I get
another 20 or so years out of it!  Is there any product out there to replace
that 'galvanization'?  Doesn't look bad... looks like a couple 18" long stripes
of rust about an inch or so wide.

Thanks for any advice!

Gary Slagel/N0SXX
Lakewood, CO