[TowerTalk] Another Rotator EZ question / help

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Another Rotator EZ question / help
From: "Gary Stone" <n5phtgs@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 16:03:08 -0500
Greetings,

OK - received the Rotator-EZ mod in the mail today.  It is assembled (not
the kit form).

The instructions leave me with something I can't seem to know for sure and
hope someone here
has the answer.  Wrote and called Idiom but don't know if I will hear from
them - sure hope so.

The Rotator-EZ puts in a 5 second brake delay.  This is one of the nice
features.  However, my control boxes (I have 2 of them) are both fairly new
and have the factory addition of the 5 second delay.  From the Idiom
Instructions I quote:

"Before going any further, remove any circuits added to the rotator control
box after its manufacture, especially brake delay circuits, and insure that
the rotator control box is restored to factory design and specifications."

So, there is the problem.  My factory specs includes a brake delay.  From
the Hy-Gain manual there is an addendum sheet explaining that this 5 second
delay is now included.  But it does not tell you what exactly was that
addition - or how to remove it.

I actually spoke to Rob's Father weeks ago before I ordered the Rotator-EZ
(can't remember his name or call) and that is when I learned his Son had
taken over Idiom and at that time I asked this question an he said, "Well,
you have to remove that."

So, has any of you the experience in putting in one of the Idiom Press
Rotator-EZ into a unit from Hy-Gain that already has the 5 second delay?
Tom is very helpful at Hy-Gain but he is off for the week and I have placed
email and call to Rob at Idiom.  Any ideas appreciated.

Gary, N5PHT

****** Gary Stone, N5PHT ******
**** 347 CR 1250 ****
**** Savoy, Texas 75479 ****