Re: [TowerTalk] 80m vertical

To: Eroddy4366 <eroddy4366@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80m vertical
From: n8de@thepoint.net
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 10:00:25 -0400
My 80m vertical (going up within the month) will be 60' of aluminum
tower with a 4' piece of 2" tubing extending from it.

It will be insulated from the base using three pieces of solid
fiberglas rod which fit inside the tower legs (drain holes drilled).

The feedpoint will be close to 50 ohms due to the 60 radials (20
attached to each tower base leg) and I will use RG-213 (if I have
enough) directly, as I had it configured 20 years ago when I lived 300
miles South of here in Indiana (worked 164 DXCC on 80m the first month
I had it up back then!)

OH, if you decide to use just a wire, I'll buy the 30' of aluminum
tower you have!

Good luck
Don
N8DE