Re: [TowerTalk] House entrance ground for RF ground?

To: <k1ttt@arrl.net>, "'TowerTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] House entrance ground for RF ground?
From: "Perry - K4PWO" <k4pwo@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 16:33:54 -0500
The original poster was talking about tying into the ground bus at his house
panel.  I believe that is a BAD idea.  You don't want to create the
possibility of dumping lighting current from an antenna/tower strike into
your homes panel raising the house electrical ground to potentially high
voltages.  The better course is to run the stations ground OUTSIDE to the
electrical ground rod which has been enhanced to be a perimeter (ground rods
at each corner of the house interconnected by large gauge copper wire)
ground system.

73 de Perry - K4PWO