Re: [TowerTalk] cushcraft

To: jim Jarvis <jimjarvis@optonline.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] cushcraft
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 20:55:39 -0400
Jim

 Obviously Cc's problem is much broader the my own,, sorry to hear about RD's.
But I know there not unique to CC
been a more then one Job and had to return at a later date because of parts
missing or as you stated,  incorrectly drilled pop rivet holes on both elements
and YIKES element to boom bracket.. Thank  GOD there not stainless steel pop
rivets !

Later

 Wayne W3EA

ate: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 20:27:43 -0400> From: jimjarvis@optonline.net> To:
towertalk@contesting.com> Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] cushcraft> > Sorry for the
top post... original msgs, below.> > Wayne, N3RD had exactly the same problem
with his new CC 40. And > he was at 120' when> the ground crew discovered it.>
> Dino, I've had F12's that wouldn't tune on 15 or 40, and more than one.>
Clearly a design flaw.> Sorry... CC may have QC problems, and be milking the
amateur market,> but F12 isn't immune from screwups.> > N2EA> > -0-> Message:
1> Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 16:43:57 -0400> From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Chushcraft striks again #$%^@^%^> To:
"towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>> Message-ID:
<BAY109-W557582FD3F9482D01570BB8F360@phx.gbl>> Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"> > Trying to take advantage of the gorgeous WX we have
here in the > EPA. I opted to replace my aged Hy-gain 40ther Antennas with a
New > Chushcraft XM2
 40. It arrived and I dove in the boxesto get it ready > to install. Well the
little things that go wrong during > manufacturing, like.. Deburring holes and
finish drilling out one > hole was Not a problem. The boom is done and elements
are assembled > ( Used the K7LXC ) secret dim :)> > Well now we come to a
abrupt halt. Seems The Boom to U channel > element mounts (4) are just raw
extrusions cut to length.. but NO > HOLES arghhhhhhhhh> > Yes I can lay them
out.. support the boom,, level it with a temp > mast drill the mounting holes
and then cross level and drill the > element to boom positioning hole. BUT Dang
ya pay good $$$$ and where > is the QC ? What you get is a Voice mail box !! no
real people ...> > > Sorry for the Vent.......> > 73's Wayne W3EA> > Its a
Cushcraft...you didn't pay good money. You got what you paid for.> You pay good
money for a M2 or a Force 12, but not for a Cushcraft.> Sure it works,
everything works, but don't expect a silk purse...> > :-)> > Di
 no - K6RIX> dino@k6rix.com> -0-> > > Jim Jarvis, MBA> President - Executive
Coach> The Morse Group, LLC> > People-Process-Strategy: Achieving Results in a
Changing World> www.themorsegroup.biz > coach@themorsegroup.biz> Read our
latest newsletter. Go to: http://www.themorsegroup.net/ > Newsletters.shtml> >