Re: [TowerTalk] "Sluggo" Ground Rod driver

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] "Sluggo" Ground Rod driver
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 13:52:52 -0500
Links to the actual adapters are very helpful. Where I am in
Oklahoma, we have a soft sandstone down about 3-4 ft or so. I've bent
5/8" ground rods trying to drive them through that with a fence-post
driver.  The ground rods simply begin to buckle under the pounding
and, once that happens, it's pretty much over.

The electric company drives then with a hydraulic rig and the
electricians use an adapter. The ones I saw were home-made, but I
don't have the welding equipment needed to make one. One of these
will be great! I'll happily rent the electric jack hammer.

Kim Elmore, N5OP