[TowerTalk] Another Thank You Note

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Another Thank You Note
From: "Bill" <w7vp@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 19:25:12 -0700
My warmnest thanks to those who sent me information on the Create RC5-3 rotator
controller especially those who emailed the instruction manual and the contact
infomration for Create in Japan.  As suggested the problem was in the PNP/NPN
transistors in the servo circuit and once those were replaced the unit worked
properly.  As a matter of interest the differential servo circuit works off of
a +12v and a - 12 v rail which is supplied by a power supply that uses the
indicator lamps as the bleeder resistors.  One of mine was burned out and I
could not find the miniature screw-type 12 volt, 0.1 amp  lamps in the parts
list so I replaced themn with wheat seed lamps and shunt resistors to match the
bleed current.

Create in Japan was very responsive to my requests and provided detailed
information - more than needed as it turned out.  Still the customer service of
Create deserves commendation.

73
Bill
W7VP