Re: [TowerTalk] Amphenol PL259

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Amphenol PL259
From: Pete Michaelis - N8TR <pete.n8tr@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 13:23:32 -0400
The Amphenol catalog page showing their PL259's is at:
http://www.amphenolrf.com/pdf/187.pdf

The page showing the plating and dielectric codes is at:
http://www.amphenolrf.com/pdf/362.pdf

I have installed many of the 83-1SP-1050 connectors.  They do have
a nickel plating but I file the area around the solder holes and use
a 200 watt American Beauty soldering iron.  They usually are  less
expensive than the silver plated 83-1SP connectors.

73 Pete - N8TR