[TowerTalk] Interaction Between Vertical and Yagi

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Interaction Between Vertical and Yagi
From: "Larry & Karen" <k0is@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 12:32:33 -0600
Hmmm....divorce can be expensive...any kids?

Seriously, I'm fortunate that my wife is an electrical engineer and understands
such things. When I was planning my 55' crank up she really didn't want it
where I had chosen but our acre lot is an old pasture and quite hilly so
reasonably flat ground is hard to come by. I didnt' want to go with guy wires
because of all the hassle involved due to the terrain and having to always cut
around them, etc. After a couple other hams came over, totally independent of
one another, and I put the question to them......they chose the exact same spot
with no clue as to where I was considering locating the tower. Well, there it
is. After it was up I asked my neighbor across the street what he thought of
it....his reaction....."I think it's pretty cool." Beauty is in the eye of the
beholder.

No matter what you do, if it involves a revision to the original design of the
Hy Tower, something is going to suffer, maybe not that bad, but looking at the
suggestions made so far, I'd say it's a heck of a lot of unnecessary work.

Good luck and if you need an attorney, I can fix you up, been there....done
that.

Whatever you do...good luck.

Larry  K0IS