Re: [TowerTalk] Window line and Balun

To: "'Jim Brown'" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Window line and Balun
From: "Wes Attaway \(N5WA\)" <wesattaway@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 21:57:38 -0600
A while back W9CF (or someone) posted a message that included the following
link:

http://fermi.la.asu.edu/w9cf/index.html

There is a list of interesting topics, and down in the lower part of the
list is a topic about using a tuner and a balun with open wire line.  The
discussion is fairly technical but the bottom line is that making this kind
of setup work well is tougher than we might think.  Despite the fact that
most of have used this configuration, and have been relatively happy, there
are all kinds of gotchas that I had never thought about.

It is worth reading.

After you read it you need to go out and put up your antenna anyway because
if you don't then you won't make any QSOs.

1138 Waters Edge Circle - Shreveport, LA 71106
    318-797-4972 (office) - 318-393-3289 (cell)
        Computer Consulting and Forensics