Re: [TowerTalk] HyGain TH7 optimized dimensions?

To: "'Brad Anbro'" <n9en@charter.net>, "'TOWERTALK'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HyGain TH7 optimized dimensions?
From: "Jim Harvey" <n0av@goldfieldaccess.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 07:38:32 -0500
Brad,

A tower talk post by WB0DGF in 1997 mentioned that Hygain added a "DX"
setting to the TH7DX in the early 1990's. This involved setting RDE-2 to 33
inches and FDE-2 to 42 inches. This effectively lengthened each driven
element by 2 inches on each side before the traps. He states that this
reduces the swr to approx 1.5-1 at the lower band edges.

The TH7's in my stack have used this setting for years.

73, Jim N0AV