Re: [TowerTalk] Quick Disconnect Suggestion

To: Jerry <grf@uneedspeed.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Quick Disconnect Suggestion
From: Tim N9PUZ <tim.n9puz@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:53:40 -0500
Jerry wrote:
> What do you use for your rotator, antenna switch, etc. connectors at
> your SPG boxes?  I like to disconnect my antenna feed lines and control
> lines when thunderstorms approach, etc.  I've looking for ideas with
> respect to SPG box connector and the line connector plugging into the
> box.  Hope that makes sense!  I have use a mike connector and a Cinch
> Jones, but these seem to have problems over time.  Thanks for your help.
> Jerry France
> K7LY

For all but the coaxial cable or open wire feeders I would look at
these: <http://www.weatherpack.com/>. Also look at the Metri-Pack
series for high current (> 20A) applications.

They are found in all sorts of applications including automotive,
marine, and agricultural applications. I'm sure you've seen plenty of
them on your car and they very rarely fail due to corrosion.

Selection and installation is very important. In particular you need
to be sure that you choose the correct seals for the outer diameter of
the wire you are using.

Tim, N9PUZ