[TowerTalk] Rohn SSV stuff

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn SSV stuff
From: Howard Hoyt <hhoyt@mebtel.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 10:08:25 -0400
Hi All,

I am looking for some used Rohn SSV, sections 8N and 3WN.  Does anyone
on list know where these can be found?  Used and rusty is no problem, I
live near a galvanizing plant that will do re-galvanizing for $0.40/lb.

Also, I have access to an inexpensive 100' tower originally made for
Motorola business radio use.  It really looks like a Rohn SSV 5N > 1W
tower with the exact same tubular leg dia, spacing, diagonal angle brace
sizes and bolting pattern, etc..  It sure looks exactly like it was made
by Rohn, but they turned the flanges in such as way as to make the
components incompatible with normal SSV sections.  I have pictures, and
if anyone is interested or knows more about this odd bird, I am
interested in hearing about it!

I appreciate your time!

Howie - WA4PSC

CE - WXYC 89.3 FM