[TowerTalk] EHS vs Phillystran

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] EHS vs Phillystran
From: Nathaniel Lee <n1bnc@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 11:30:49 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for the heads up on a plan B.

I was looking for guy wire that I did not have to order by the mile and it
appears that I can order the amount I need and not huge spools with whatnot
left over. It looks like the 6k# stuff at $1.39/ft will be just fine for the
rohn 25 tower I have grown. Since I plan to have a tri-bander at the 40' or so
level along with a 40m dipole I did not want to have a lot of steel in the air.
At the top will be a kt34xa and appropriate VHF antennas and so I want to go
with a stiff spec that can also deal with errant pine trees nearby.

The safety part is a given.

Nat Lee

Somersworth, NH