Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: tower base question

To: "Bill K2OWR" <k2owr@comcast.net>, <Towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: tower base question
From: "Stan Stockton" <k5go@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:14:04 -0600
Bill,

My opinion is that you can save yourself a lot of trouble and just dig
down to solid rock, pour concrete for the base, and go up with the
tower.  Drilling holes in the rock, using epoxy to install rebar into
the rock will not make it less likely to sink.  The only benefit would
be to help prevent it from sliding which it is not going to do.

Stan, K5GO