To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 85, Issue 18
From: Howard Hoyt <hhoyt@mebtel.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 00:38:14 -0500
Hi all,

Interesting discussion regarding climbing unguyed towers...I am too
chicken to climb more than 10'-12' past a guy level on a tower type that
is designed to be guyed.  I have to admit that the most afraid I ever
felt climbing a tower was a 75' free-standing which established a new
equilibrium with me at the top by leaning out at least 18" or so from
unloaded.  When I leaned back to free my hands and get to work I was
SURE it was going all the way down...I think guys are good.

I climb all around the 1300' tower that I have FM broadcasting equipment
on all day long with no trepidation, just normal caution.  It is solid
as a rock, has an elevator to 1000' and the views are awesome.

I too have misplaced the CD that came with my 19th edition ARRL Antenna
Book, and would greatly appreciate it if anyone can email me a URL to
replace it, or maybe FTP me a disc image.

Howard Hoyt - WA4PSC
CE-WXYC FM 89.3
UNC Chapel Hill, NC