Re: [TowerTalk] Using Stubs to Reject Harmonics

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Using Stubs to Reject Harmonics
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 17:10:16 -0500

You don't want to have the amp on when you connect a measuring instrument to
the output. Just the static conduction (noise) developed in the tubes will
probably zap the front end of your meter.

Use a small power supply to connect to the relay to pull it in while doing
the measurement.

Tube plate impedance can be found by plate voltage /plate current /1.8 that
will get you close. Example: 3000 volts at .8 amp will be around 1875 ohms.
Don't worry about disconnecting anything in the plate circuit. Just haywire
the resistor between the plate and ground. A quarter watt resistor will be
fine.

I do this to set up the tank circuit when building an amp. Gets you right in
the ball park for tune settings.

73
Gary  K4FMX