Re: [TowerTalk] flying things

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] flying things
From: r miles <greenacres113@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 13:45:07 -0400
When I was 4 yr.s old I was stung over 50 times by something. Probably wasps.
We lived in rural Tn & the visiting Dr told my parents if I lived thru the
night I should recover.I did. Since then I seem to have an immunity to
stings.If I'm with other people outdoors wasps, bees & mosquitos ignore me and
bite them. If I'm bitten  by any insect if I don't itch the spot all pain is
gone in 10 minutes or less.
Today I was looking at a vertical I have stored  on a rack in the back yard.
 There was a wasp nest in my gin pole on the rack. They came out to meet me.
Most of them  just buzzed around me.
I  did get stung on the hand once. After 3 or 4 minutes no pain or red mark.
That was two hr.s ago & there's no evidence I was ever stung.
I know I'm a rare bird. It sure comes  in handy when my neighbors or family
find hives & need help. Twice I've pulled football sized hives out of house
eves with no stings.  Also my gift is handy on Field Days !
I'm not a Dr. but my guess is there must be something inside me from that
childhood attack that  causes me to emit a scent the critters sense. They just
figure I'm a waste of time. Just a gift from God.

K9IL