Re: [TowerTalk] Close call with death

To: K2VI <k2vi@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Close call with death
From: Tom Haavisto <kamham69@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 18:49:34 -0500
Along the same lines:

A friend installed a self-supporting tower in his back yard - concrete
base went down 4 feet.
A few years later, his power went out.  Everyone else in the
neighbourhood was fine.  Called hydro, and they figured out where the
underground cable that fed his house was located.  Started off in the
back corner, swung *under* the tower base, then back to his house.  He
must have just missed it when he dug the base for the tower.  If the
cable had went straight (as he assumed it did), all would have been
fine.  They figure the base must have shifted slightly - just enough
to break the cable.

So - at some point, that cable you found will probably break, and
guess what they will find...

Tom - VE3CX