Re: [TowerTalk] 80m quarter wave on 160m... can support guys be used to

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80m quarter wave on 160m... can support guys be used to provide capacitance loading?
From: "DJ7WW" <dj7ww@t-online.de>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 14:37:51 +0100
When you make the guy wires about half a wavelength long it is possible to
build a very effective vertikal array.
I am in the process to do similar.
My 160m vertical will be my shunt fed 44m high tower and on the 30m level I
will drop parasitic wire elements of director lenght dropping to 4m height
at the end (both in line).
There I will insert vacuum relays and an extension wire to switch to
reflector length.
EZNEC shows 5.7dbi gain at 40°, 4.95dbi at 20° and still 3dbi at 10°.
If interested I will send you the EZ file.

73
Peter