Re: [TowerTalk] Temporary guys

To: towertalk@contesting.com, john@kk9a.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Temporary guys
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 09:40:58 EDT

In a message dated 3/30/2011 8:00:53 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  I am curious how temporary guys could stretch so much to lay  a tower on
its
side, perhaps the guy anchors were very far  away?   The Trucker's Hitch is
great advice, I have used this  knot to for securing tower or reels of
hardline when transporting them  home.

        The problem is that you can  only stretch rope so much by pulling
on it and then you get a 200# climber on  the tower and that can be enough to
stretch them some more. That's why the  trucker's hitch is so helpful
because it puts a bunch more tension on the rope.

        I've also used a Klein  Haven rope grip and comealong in the past
to tension rope but hardly anyone  has one of those. The trucker's hitch can
be used by anyone.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH