Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Leasing

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Leasing
From: "Marlon K. Schafer \(509-982-2181\)" <ooe@odessaoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 11:09:01 -0700
Heya Scott!  How's things?

We're also a Wireless ISP.  Been in the game since 2000.

Our contracts are very similar but we don't request an exclusive on the
spectrum.  Most of my sites (actually nearly all of them) are non exclusive,
we DO have interference protection though.

My tower owners have been great to work with.  No problems for us either.
When someone does move, we usually just create a new contract with the new
owner.

Almost all sites are trade for service.

Most tower owners like having us around because we tend to be on site more
often than they are so we keep a close eye on things.  Rusty parts, leaking
roofs etc. are more likely caught by us.

Our contracts are 5 years and auto renew annually unless written
cancellation is given.  Once cancellation is given we have 180 days to move
to a new site (might take 3 new ones to make up for the lost one).

The local guy at the tower also loves having us there because he's always
got the best internet around!  Nothing runs like the backhaul...

laters,
marlon