Re: [TowerTalk] Best grease for tower bearings!

To: Luciano Gasparini <luciano_nachif@yahoo.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Best grease for tower bearings!
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 13:25:20 -0700
Depends on what type of bearing - wheel bearing grease is made for
roller bearings in constant rotation, not so good for ball bearings in
oscillatory motion.  A good full synthetic grease will not separate as
much as oil loaded greases and can handle higher temperatures.  I prefer
Synco SuperLube with TFE.

http://www.super-lube.com/synthetic-multipurpose-grease-ezp-49.html
which is widely available in the US, don't know about Brazil

Clean up with mineral spirits/paint thinner as it has a fairly high
flash point.  Don't use gasoline.

Grant KZ1W