[TowerTalk] ground isntallation tips for coaxials

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ground isntallation tips for coaxials
From: "Jorge Diez - CX6VM" <cx6vm.jorge@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 14:00:02 -0300
Hello,

I will do a ground installation for coaxial of the antennas, rotor lines
etc.

Near the shack, will do a hope 6 ft deep to put some bronce bars, cables,
something else I find.

Then will put two bars going up and a horizontal bar soldered to them to put
the bulkheads connectors.

I have some question:

-          any advice about how to solder the bars outside the ground? the
bars that will form the Π

-          I need to solder the bars that are going from the hole to the
surface or just is OK if they are in touch with all the wires,  bars I put
inside?

-          May I use concrete to cover all the bronce I put inside the hole
and over it ground, or just ground over the bronze?

Thanks,

Jorge

CX6VM/CW5W