Re: [TowerTalk] WrenchLok Ground Connectors

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] WrenchLok Ground Connectors
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 09:36:43 -0800
On 1/29/12 8:05 AM, EZ Rhino wrote:
> Those look nice, but a quick google search didn't reveal any pricing.  I'm
> thinking they are pretty expensive; not sure it would yield a savings over
> other methods (exothermic).

I think that they're really used for places where exothermic doesn't
work (fire hazard, etc.), or because they're easier and faster to use.
  In a commercial application, the cost of the widget is often a small
fraction of the worker's wages.  Apprentices make about $30 an hour, and
by the time you stack all the benefits and stuff on top of it, the
contractor is probably paying over $60/hr.  Something that takes 5
minutes to install instead of 10 minutes will save $5 in labor.